Do you like children? Would you like to improve your Spanish and live with a friendly, welcoming and supportive family in Asturias, one of the most beautiful spots in Northern Spain?
Consider our Au-Pair in Asturias Programme.
What will you be expected to do?
You will be living as a member of your Spanish family caring for their children and helping out in the home, from 25 to 35 hours a week.
What requirements will you be asked to meet?
• Young female between 18 and 27 years old.
• Willing to stay in Asturias from 3 months to one year. 1 or 2 months in the summer.
• Have proven experience in childcare and light house chores (references required.)
• Eagerness to get adapted to the host family’s lifestyle and to respect their home rules.
• Commitment to the originally agreed duration of your stay.
• Give your host family and Alce Idiomas written notice, two weeks in advance, if you decide to return to your home country before the arranged date.
• Take a Spanish course at Alce Idiomas (minimum 3 hours a week) for the duration of your stay. Optional in summer.
What will you be offered?
• Pocket money: You will receive an allowance of €70 for 25 hours a week work, €75 for 30 hours, and €80 for 35 hours.
• Private room.
• Full-board accommodation.
• One free day per week.
• Spanish lessons in our school, mornings or afternoons, at reduced prices.
• Continuous support, counseling and assistance from Alce Idiomas throughout your stay.
• Achievement Certificate, Spanish test will be compulsory, stating the duration of the programme and your Spanish level.
Advantages of being an Au pair in Asturias
• Practise and improve your Spanish.
• Discover and enjoy Spanish lifestyle and culture.
• Broaden your education by learning Spanish in our school.
• Gain maturity, experience and autonomy.
How to register
Please, send your CV and the “Formulario de preinscripción” duly filled in to email@example.com. Once received, we will contact you to arrange a personal interview at our school or via Skype. If you meet all the necessary requirements to participate in the programme, we will ask you to send us the documentation in Spanish or English: registration form, cover letters and references, medical certificate, criminal record, photos, video.
• €160 to be paid upon assignment of your host family.
• Round trip to Oviedo.
• Spanish lessons in our school at a reduced price (optional in the summer.)
• Private medical insurance: if you are an EU citizen with social security benefits in your country, you will have the right to basic care from the Spanish social security by means of the European Health Insurance Card. If you are from a country outside the EU, a private health insurance is required.
We do not accept any family which has not been rigorously selected or has provided all the necessary documents required by the current legislation and the IAPA – INTERNATIONAL AUPAIR ASSOCIATION.